My routine is far from perfect but here are the top ten things that help me to be successful and keep my sanity!!
1. WAKE UP EARLY –> There is nothing worse than rushing around & starting your day in a panic. Wake up on time & prepare to slay. If you’re a Momma like me, something that helps make my mornings a bit smoother is waking up well before the babes do. This means I’m able to shower, dress & get some coffee in my system before they’re even up! I know this means for an EARLY morning, but it also means a stress- LESS morning.
2. PRAY–> While hard work is required for success, so is grace. Never underestimate the importance of divine connection. PRAY & slay, it’s the only way to live a truly satisfying, successful AND FRUITFUL life! Prayer has made the difference in my life more times than I can count- pray about everything, worry about nothing.
3. PLAN –>After prayer comes planning. If you want to be successful, plan for it. Make room for it. Success doesn’t just fall into place. For me, this includes a planner. I write everything down. It helps me remain accountable while being realistic about my time and availability. Don’t be someone to over commit and under deliver. Be a person who DOES what they said they would do.
4. COFFEE, COFFEE AND MORE COFFEE!!–> Start your morning with a good cup of coffee at HOME! Save time, money and you’ll be certain to have the perfect cup, the first time! If you’re brave enough, ease off the sugars to prevent a crash later in the day. Invest in some cute travel mugs, this will inspire you to bring your coffee rather than always buying it.
5. GET DRESSED –> Whatever your agenda involves, dress the part & do it well. How you look effects how you feel. If you’re hitting the gym, don’t be afraid to invest in some cute workout clothes, if you’re heading to work; dress well! Be neat, clean and put together- the ‘I woke up like this’ is cute on Snapchat, not in real life, not in a place of business.
6. BELIEVE –>Believe it’s a good day, believe the best about others, believe in yourself & most importantly; believe God has a plan for you. Whether you’re an at home Mom (which let’s be honest- is a LOT of work!) or you’re working in an office, whether you’re full time ministry, or unemployed- God has a plan. If you believe that, you’ll carry on throughout the days with much more purpose.
7. ACCOMPLISH YOUR #SQUADGOALS –> Everyone wants to be surrounded by people who love, support & encourage them. Find those people. If you’re having a hard time, no worries, begin to BE that person to those around you. Set the tone & watch your relational rhythms change. One of the enemies of destiny is a distracting relationship- do not fall into that trap. Surround yourself with solid, faith filled, destiny chasing, big thinking people.
8. DON’T HATE, APPRECIATE –> This goes for every aspect of life. Stop hating your job, life & spouse, the mess your kids made, your co- worker, your car, the person you think is doing just a bit better then you, etc. Appreciate what you have. Love those around you. A grateful heart is a healthy heart. When you see success, don’t shrink back with insecurities, reach out! What’s working for the successful people around you? Remember; insecurities say ‘I can’t compete with her’ but confidence says ‘I don’t have to!’ Collaboration NOT competition is the key. Never be afraid to learn from someone else. Learning from others and asking for help has definitely made a difference in my life!
9. APPROACH OPPORTUNITY WITH OPTIMISM –> When opportunity presents its self, don’t focus on every reason it won’t work, focus on why it can! Don’t let hard work intimidate you- face it and dominate. Too many times we shy away from things because it’s ‘too hard’ or ‘too much work’, friends, let me tell you- NOTHING worth having comes easily.
10. WORK WILLINGLY –> If you’re a Christian then you know Colossians 3:23 tells us to ‘Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people’. Your place is your platform. Your service is the stage in which God can present himself to others, USE IT. Don’t want for the pulpit, many of us will never make it there. Embrace THIS place and work willingly as though you are always working for the Lord, because you are!
These are some of the things that work for me, what about you? What does your routine look like? What’s helping you reach your daily #goals? Or what are you struggling with? I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment or shoot me a message 🙂